Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daisy Review

Daisy, written by Josi Kilpack, is the second book in the Newport Ladies Book Club series.



Book Blurb:

Motherhood is not for the faint of heart. And no one knows that better than Daisy. Raising two kids as a divorced, single mom, Daisy has faced each and every one of the obstacles in her life with courage and determination.
Now with her oldest daughter ready to have a baby of her own, her youngest daughter ready to graduate from high school, and her new husband, Paul, ready...more

My Review: 

I like how the main character, Daisy, isn't the perfect mom, and she's made some mistakes in the past. I did get a little frustrated with how she dealt with her challenges by avoiding her fears at first and how she didn't do much to try to make it better for a while but was rewarded in the end when she finally found the strength to face her fears and do something about it. Any other ending would not have been as satisfying. I like that the ending isn't perfect either, but it feels right.

5 comments:

  1. I have never read Josi Kilpack, nor have I any interest in this series. Would you rate it on a high read list, or a when my kids are older read list?
    You Rock, Al!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillian. This book would appeal more for older women, I think, who've been married and had kids. I don't usually read much contemporary women's fiction myself but offered to read and review the series for Heather Moore. I'd give it three stars.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I like your short precise yet informative book reviews, always a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Congrats on 4000 views by-the-way, its always an awesome milestone)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I didn't realize I had 4000 views. Maybe I need to do something to celebrate like have a give away?!

      Delete