Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Now it's time to get organized and make some goals. Here are my goals for 2012 just in case you're interested:
1. I'm doing a cleansing diet in January and will follow the Mediterranean Diet after that.
3. I'm going to enter KALA OF THE KONGO, my African Snow White story, in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest in January or February.
4. I want to start on a new novel I've been plotting about a futuristic society that's been taken over and enslaved by terrorists. A group of mismatched teenagers, who've been trapped in the basement of the high school since the invasion, have to learn to work together to escape.
5. As far as my music goes, I was asked to write a song that I'll be performing at a church program in March.
6. I've been asked to put music to some winning poems for the American Fork Art's Council Writing Contest: Utah Voices/Poetry On Canvas. I'll be performing those with some friends at the annual awards Gala in April as well.
7. I'll also be performing the last Saturday of every month at Wingers open mic night in West Valley at around 8:30.
8. I will continue to cowrite songs for hire with some talented young local singer/songwriter/musicians.