Sunday, October 9, 2011

Get Mad and Hit Someone

My son plays little league football and I enjoy watching his games. Though I've never been a big football fan, I'm becoming one. I love the sunny fall days and am starting to understand some of the game enough to kind of know what's going on. 

It's not like his first year of flag football anymore where I cheered when someone made a touchdown and my neighbor standing next to me said, "Um, that was the other team that made that touch down," and I said, "Oh, well, I cheer for both sides." 

A few weeks ago when my son's team was losing and he came to get some water on the sidelines, I went over and told him to get mad and hit someone. I turned around and saw a couple standing there and sheepishly said, "This is the only time it's okay to say that to your kid."


   1+1=11.

 Orange smile during snacks at halftime
 That's Bryce tackling the ball carrier.
 Another tackle.
 Yet another tackle.
Bryce intercepting the ball. Nah, I'm not proud or bragging or anything. Okay, maybe I am a little. Sorry.

On a side note: Last week one of the coaches from the team he played this week watched their game and asked me what we fed our boys, raw meet? Cuz they're so big. Nope. Just beets. Yep, they're the Beet Diggers. #2 worst name in the nation. Go Beet Diggers!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Alice, you had me cracking up. Gotta control that soccer mom rage LOL. Seriously, I have said something similar to my kids before. They just roll their eyes. I have never met Beet Digger fans before or anyone associated with them. So cool! At least the name is memorable. What is the #1 worst? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [I forgot to subscribe to comments :-)]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, I don't typically say stuff like that, but they were getting beaten pretty badly in that game. My son made some great tackles though. Beat diggers rock! I think The Purple Dragon Warriors (or something like that) is the number one worst name in the nation. I think it's kinda cool/funny.

    ReplyDelete